Re: novice: extract comma delimited data

From: Gary Perkins <g_t_perkins_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 21:47:21 +0800

Try setting the parameter 'utl_file_dir' and write a stored procedure that calls the built-in package 'dbms_output.put_line'. This will write a file to the directory noted by the utl_file_dir. This way for big jobs the server does all the work not SQLPlus and as far as I know but dont quote me there will be no length limit.

Cheers
Gary Perkins