Re: Instance won't start automatically

From: Dana Stockler <dana.stockler_at_iname.com>
Date: 30 Apr 1999 07:54:36 GMT

Are you sure the ORADIM73 arguments in the command file are correct? Password, parameter file path, etc.? Mine looks like this:

  e:\orant\bin\oradim73.exe -startup -sid ORCL -usrpwd xxxxx -starttype srvc,inst -pfile e:\orant\database\initorcl.ora

Permissions? The command file must be executed by the using running the OracleStartORCL service. Maybe that user (usually SYSTEM) doesn't have correct permission on the file?

Just a couple of thoughts...

Dana