Re: FREE -- Oracle 8i download for NT and Solaris...

From: <stillinr_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:35:46 GMT

In article <01be8591$4d8fe2a0$24921e18_at_test>,   "Mr. Oracle" <mroracle_at_oracle.net> wrote:
> This is the best database server on planet Earth. Nothing compares to Oracle
8i.

> ====================
> The Sun Solaris version is available at:
> ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/tech_tracks/orcl815sol/oracle8i.tar
>
> The Windows NT version is available at:
> ftp://ftp.oracle.com/pub/www/otn/tech_tracks/orcl815nt/oracle815nt.zip

 Mr. Oracle ...

 I downloaded your oracle8i.tar file, for solaris. I un-tarred it, and  tryed to follow the installation instructions on the technet.oracle.com  web site. I could not even find a runInstaller file in the tar file. I did  find a file called "runinsta", which when I tried to run it, it came back  and said "Exec format error".

 My question is -- is there something wrong with the oracle8i.tar file on  the ftp.oracle,com site? If so, any idea when this might get fixed?

    Thanks for your time --

    ron stillinger

    drwho_at_instruct.library.orst.edu