Re: ODBC ORACLE8 PROBLEM HELP!

From: <jason_at_neis.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 20:09:34 GMT

I had the exact same problem with a Merant (InterSolv) driver for Oracle 8. I don't think it has to do with Oracle or Merant specifically. We testing the installation on another machine before trying to install it on our production server. The add dialog failed to display thus we could not add the DSN.

Does anyone know how to manually add a DSN via the registry. We tried manually restoring an NT Reg key from our development server to the production server.

The entry did not appear in the ODBC manager and the DSN was not available to ASP. In article <371EB1A6.675C3957_at_i-manila.com.ph>,   Joseph Kiok <kiok_at_i-manila.com.ph> wrote:

> Hi folks. I recently downloaded and installed odbc for oracle 8.
> After following all the instructions religiously, it did not worked
> out.
>
> The driver was installed successfully, but when I tried to add a
> System DSN, I click on Add, after selecting which driver to use
> (I clicked oracle 8), it went back to the original 32 bit odbc
> window. It didn't even asked me for dsn and other info on the
> dsn I'm trying to make.
>
> Anybody encountered the same problem?
>
> Please help!!!
>
> TIA.