Oracle 8 partitioned index question

From: Gregert Johnson <gregj_at_ctron.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 14:47:22 -0400

Hello -

Can anyone cast light on how to use the command ALTER TABLE ttt MODIFY PARTITION ppp REBUILD UNUSABLE LOCAL INDEXES? We keep getting error message ORA-0152, "index or partition of index unusable", accompanied by ORA-0604 (recursive SQL error). We're confused, because we thought the purpose of the command was in fact to make unusable indexes usable again. The version of Oracle we're using is 8.03.

Thanks.