Re: RECOVER question : how to force to apply logs from a clean but old database back-up

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:56:54 -0700

Ah, an oldie but a goodie. Traps people all the time this one. You need to keep the control file there from Friday, so that Oracle knows the datafiles that you restored from Monday's backup have a different log sequence number than the control file, and thus that recovery is needed.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Pete Sharman                              Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
Project Manager                           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
Oracle Corporation

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA