Re: Creating a Stored Procedure in Oracle

From: Terry Dykstra <tdykstra_at_cfol.ab.ca>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 12:25:24 -0600

Take a look at the PL/SQL User's guide and reference. Here is a simple example that calls one of the system procedures.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE to_sql_trace

 (ora_sid in number,
  ora_serial in number,
  ora_boolean in number,
  ora_sqlcode out number )

IS
begin

  IF ora_boolean = 0 THEN
   dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(ora_sid, ora_serial,true);   ELSE
   dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session(ora_sid, ora_serial,false);   END IF;   ora_sqlcode := SQLCODE;
end;
/

--
Terry Dykstra