index page failure

From: <karanikas_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 15:55:47 GMT

Our system crashed the other day and we needed to restore from a cold bacup. Everything ran fine for a few hours and then the Sys Admin needed to reboot the server. It came back up fine and then we decided to use the verify_db utility to check things out. My verify_db utility error is indicating 9 occurance of index page failure stating 'kdxcofbo=x!=y".
Verify_db says that the pages are failing and that the values are inconsistent. Can I just rebuild the indexes or do I need to rebuild the whole database (like support says to do). It has been recommended to export the whole database and then rebuild the database.

Here is exactly what I am getting from the VERIFY_DB utility: "PAGE FAILED with CHECK CODE 1"

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Pete