**beginner question** Pb with the OAS4 - JCorba tutorial

From: <yannspub_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:00:55 GMT

Here is my configuration:

OAS 4.0.6.4 (fixed with yt40.dll)
NT4 - SP4

After having some pb with the OASSRV (cause of the NT4 - SP4 !), I have succesfully tested and runned the tutorial about the JWEB cartridge (Helloworld Applisaction).

And now, I am testing the tutorial sample about myStack.

1- I compile the requested files for the server. (there are some warnings about the oracle.OAS package that cannot be found....I don't know really why??)

2- I jar the files (server.jar).

3- I try to add my jcorba server in the applications part of the OAS manager:

Oracle Application Server Release 4.0.6.4.0 Enterprise Edition Copyright (c) Oracle Corporation 1998. All rights reserved.

java.lang.NullPointerException at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.EJBJarToDescUtil.instantiateBeanDescriptor(EJBJa rTo DescUtil.java:551) at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.EJBJarToDescUtil.populateDescUtilFromManifest(EJ BJa rToDescUtil.java:96) at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.EJBJarToDescUtil.processEJBJar(EJBJarToDescUtil. jav a:89) at

oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.EJBJarToDescUtil.(EJBJarToDescUtil.java:55)  at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.JarUtil.processEJBJar(JarUtil.java:116)  at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.descr.JarUtil.(JarUtil.java:58)	at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.config.Scanner.scan(Scanner.java:170)  at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.config.OASInstaller.generate(OASInstaller.java:41)  at
oracle.oas.beans.tools.config.OASInstaller.main(OASInstaller.java:24)
Registration failed!

I really don't know why (I wrote exactly what the documentation says!). It seems to be a jar problem....?

Has anybody had the same problem ?
has anybody an idea from where the error comes ?

Is it possible that it is due to the fix yt40.dll ?

Any suggestion apprecied.

Yann