Re: QS for oracle DBA working on SAP R3 system

From: John Higgins <JH33378_at_deere.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 21:11:09 -0500

Of course you can.

However !!!

SQL*Loader does none of the checking that is built into the ABAP transactions. And, since SAP puts all of its integrity checking into the ABAP programs (no RDBMS foreign keys), you might load "orphans". Not to mention SAP's pool and cluster tables (no, these are NOT Oracle clusters). You (nor me) would know how to build the control statement to get SQL*Loader to work on these.

In other words, I would not do it.

By the way, the redo logs probably need to be increased to 200MB