Re: VPN (virutal private networks) and SQLNET

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:36:49 +0800

Hi Stephanie,

We have used VPN to connect from a master site to remote sites, and to the best of my knowledge we have not had any problems with it. We are running FTP, TELNET and SQL*Net over the VPN and all to no problems.

Having said this, I was a user of the system, and did not get involved in the configuration of the VPN itself. However, there was no modification to the SQL*Net parameter files to allow for the VPN.

Rgds
Andrew