Re: Oracle 8i Installation

From: Mark Gornicki <mark_at_gornicki.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:05:55 +0100

I just installed 8i (NT) on a server and client this afternoon (given we had 128MB and the disk space required and SP3 not SP4) and i must say

I AM IMPRESSED the install process was so easy inside 45 mins and a running database.

Somebody obviously put a lot of thought into the installer, i think it is heaps better than the old one (interface and use).

Obviously i may have had other opinions if it messed up BUT it didn't.

My only gripe is that no tools such as OEM etc are supplied at the same time.

Mark