Re: Number of database connections

From: Graham C Thornton <graham.thornton_at_ln.ssw.abbott.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 15:07:44 -0500

Tom,

You can query the V$SESSION periodically, although with just a query that looks for an active status you're going to get all of the Oracle processes included in your count.

Alternatively, you could consider auditing connections to the database, which
includes logon and logoff timestamps.

HTH Graham.

--
Empowerment - delegating the responsibility but not the authority.

Opinions expressed do not necessarily reflect those of Abbott Laboratories.