Re: raw vs. file - any numbers

From: <davey64_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 17:56:10 GMT

Typically, with todays high speed i/o subsystems, one sees about a %5 - %12 increase with raw devices files. It used to be Oracle stated increases of %10 - %15 until faster and cheaper memory and disk drives became readily available.

If you chose to use raw devices, using them on just control files and redo logs.