Oracle 7.3.4 on AIX. Why IS It SOOOOO SLow

From: Mike <mike_at_flipag.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:39:33 -0400

I have a relatively small database on AIX 4.2.1 (model J30) running Oracle 7.3.4.3 Financials...

Estat and Bstat all look pretty good. Testing has revealed that sql statements (especially inserts) do not seem to be getting cached. The same sql execute over and over takes the same time or longer to execute...

Are there any key patches either Oracle or AIX that could possibly improve poor response. We are not using async/io as it does not seem to make any difference.

I can provide much more detail on what has been tried, config files, etc...

TIA, Mike Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 20:39:33 CDT