Re: External Procedures

From: Jpmakar <jpmakar_at_aol.com>
Date: 28 Apr 1999 01:39:22 GMT

What platform? I have an extproc that I use to send mail via a smtp tool. Runs on NT. Once you've written or seen one, it's pretty straight forward (if you know C reasonably well). Biggest problem I ran into was the WindowsAPI. If you're on UNIX it should be a lot easier and more reliable. I found the Oracle manuals to be the best reference, followed by the DBA handbook from Oracle Press. O'Reilly's book on PL/SQL has a little in it. As to the winAPI, well, you can pray. Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 20:39:22 CDT