Re: Large NT databases

From: <dean_j_pompilio_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 21:24:24 GMT

This is very true. I recently configured an HP Unix server using DEC ESA10K Storage Arrays. (It's a standard Ultra-Wide SCSI interface) Through one UW SCSI port, we were accessing 48 9Gb disks. Of course, you are not going to get the best I/O performance in the world. You can increase it greatly by using 2 channels and striping across them though...