Re: Oracle 8.0.5 and DBA_AUTHORIZATION

From: Lars Bo Vanting <Lars.Vanting_at_ex.siemens-sbs.ch>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 10:58:05 +0200

I would not write my internal pwd in the registry. I myself use assignment to the local NT group ORA_DBA (SYSDBA privilege) and/or ORA_OPER (SYSOPER), this works fine and similar to the UNIX "dba" group where members of this are not prompted for an internal password.
This setup requires a minimum of configuration (see Oracle doc.).

Regards

Lars Bo
COREBIT SYAP/TPI AG, Switzerland Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 03:58:05 CDT