Oracle 8.0.5 and NT services

From: Ken White <kwhite_at_tier.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 16:27:44 +1000

I have recently installed oracle 8.0.5 on our NT4 server. I have created an instance for the database and set the service startup mode to auto. When the server reboots, the database startups OK. If, however, I shutdown the instance stop the services, when I restart the services, the database instance does not startup. This same procedure starts the instance on the server running 7.3.3. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to set a registry parameter?

Thanks
Ken White Received on Tue Apr 27 1999 - 01:27:44 CDT