Help on store procedure in Oracle(without parameters)

From: <matthew_so_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 03:42:47 GMT

Hi all,

    I am writing a stored procedure in Oracle. For the procedure, it has no parameters and there is a select statement inside it. e.g
create or replace package body demo_a
is

    procedure cat_p
    is

      begin
            select * from ivrpms where assessment='123'
      end;

end demo_a;

/***** the error shows : an into clause is expected in this select statement ****/

However, I really need a procedure without any parameter output (i.e no value or cursor return)

The expected result is that I can call it in SQL*PLUS and the output effect is same as typing a select statement.

I know that Microsoft SQL Sever support the above feature. How's about in Oracle?