Using Index

From: Julia Cristina Varela de Montoya <jc_va_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 21:22:18 -0700

Can you settle a bet with our beloved DBA? He says that if a table_a:

name
ID_No
Province

has an lone index on (name,ID_NO). Then if we have

sekect name from table_a
"where ID_NO = 'xxx' ;

then that it will use the index. That doesn't sound right to me.. I thought ID_NO would have to be on the leading edge of the index. Thanks for any help. Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 23:22:18 CDT