Re: ALL_VIEWS in a stored procedure

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 07:22:31 +0800

Hi Steve,

The problem is associated with the fact the PL/SQL requires that the permission is granted Explicitly to the User and not, as with ALL_VIEWS by default, Implicitly via a ROLE or some other System Privilege like SELECT ANY TABLE. If user SYS grants SELECT on ALL_VIEWS to USERNAME, then the PL/SQL procedure will compile and run OK.

Hope this helps,
Andrew