PO8 8.0.4 - ODBC Problem on Win98

From: John Tannahill <jtannahi_at_netcom.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 19:03:37 -0400

Hi, I installed Oracle 8.0.4.4 odbc driver on Windows 98 running PO8 version 8.0.4.0. The driver installed ok and configured ok with 32-bit odbc administrator. When I run odbc test I get the following message:

SQLSTATE S1000
Native Error Code 6401
Driver Message ORA-6401 NETCMN Invalid Drive Designator

I also noted that even though I am using Service name of 2: for loopback it is still looking for dial-up to ISP connection. If I connect to ISP or cancel, the result is still the same.

Am I using correct odbc driver? Is Windows 98 the problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, J Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 18:03:37 CDT