Re: Oracle 8.0.5 Linux installation problem

From: Aaron Leon Kaplan <jjl_at_mars.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: 26 Apr 1999 17:30:11 GMT

Olaf Waitkus (owaitkus_at_bo-ag.net) wrote: Hi Olaf, hi Al,

canīt talk about other OS than Linux but... this error appears on Linux when you donīt have the libnls installed. Check the log file (install.log, sql.log, make.log - especially the last in this kind of error).

You will not have this problem when you use RedHat 5.2 becuase libnls is part of the RedHat distribution. You can try to install it on slackware or other linux distributions but it might take a long time to get it running there. I tried to do it on slackware but then I changed to RedHat.

greetings,
Aaron.

: Al Ruiz schrieb:

: > Hello there,
: >
: > I have this problem when installing oracle in a Linux box. The
: > installer is copying the files but when it tries to relink them this
: > process falis with a message of missing file. I have checked the system
: > and I have glib 2.0.7 (required for oracle) and the kernel is 2.0.35.
: > Any idea of what is happening?
: >
: > Thanks
: >
: > Al

--
---
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

(Thx Ray) Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 12:30:11 CDT