Oracle On Linux INSERT stmt prob

From: Aaron Leon Kaplan <jjl_at_mars.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: 26 Apr 1999 17:24:26 GMT

Hi!

we have the following problem:
we use a linux-box (RedHat 5.2) which should be a firewall and webserver.
this webserver should then be client to an Oracle-server on NT 4.0.
we installed Oracle 8.0.5 for LINUX on the machine. actually we dont need the server on the linux-box, but in the installation we didnt find anything like "install only the client-tools".
so what is working now:
we can connect from LINUX with sql-plus to the Oracle-NT-server. we can connect from LINUX with sql-plus to the Oracle-LINUX-server. both sessions allow an SELECT statement. but non of them allow an INSERT. it just stucks. no message no nothing.
no scott-tiger party at all.
on the linux-server we then created other tablespaces with rollback-segments and created there a test-table. there we can do an insert.
but as i wrote we want to insert on the NT-server!!

any suggestions what we did wrong?
the oracle-nt server is for sure ok because we can do everything from other nt-workstations with the same user we have used on LINUX.

thanks for any kind of help.

aaron & johnny
mailto:aaron_at_sra.at
mailto:johnny_at_sra.at

--
---
"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and UNIX. We don't believe this to be a coincidence."

(Thx Ray) Received on Mon Apr 26 1999 - 12:24:26 CDT