Re: Oracle parameter

From: Pete Sharman <psharman_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:31:08 -0700

Ross

No fine points about it. It turns off redo logging TOTALLY. As with all the underscore parameters, it should never be used without Oracle Support telling you to use it. This one is particularly dangerous, as you mention. Any failure is simply not recoverable from, so it should never be used in a Production database.

HTH. Pete

--

Regards

Pete

Peter Sharman                             Email: psharman_at_us.oracle.com
WISE Course Development Manager           Phone: +1.650.607.0109 (int'l)
Worldwide Internal Services Education            (650)607 0109 (local)
San Francisco

SQL> select standard_disclaimer, witty_remark   2 from company_requirements;

"Controlling application developers is like herding cats." Kevin Loney, ORACLE DBA Handbook
"Oh no it's not! It's much harder than that!" Bruce Pihlamae, long term ORACLE DBA