URGENT : Windows NT user Authentication

From: <vpenmatsa_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 15:44:50 GMT

Hi, this is a simple problem ....

I'm trying to use operating system (Windows NT 4.0) authentication for Oracle 8.0.5 ....

So, according to the requirements, I set

  1. SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) in sqlnet.ora file . 2) OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = "" in the initorcl.ora file. 3) created the Windows NT user RANDY with a password 'RANDY'. 4) created the Oracle user RANDY with the external password verification . 5) I'm not using any domain name, the database is on a local machine . 6) Hence , I'm trying to connect to Oracle giving RANDY as username, 'RANDY' as password & a default database . But, still RANDY cannot access the oracle database ......

Can anybody make any suggestions as to what I'm missing ...

I even talked to Oracle support , they said I was doing everythg. correct & that it should work , so, even they could'nt help me.

So, I doubt , whether any of U ever got this working ???

Thanx for the help.