Re: Field names?

From: Stewart Burnett <stewart.burnett_at_capgemini.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 16:47:54 +0100

You can find a list of column names for a table in a view called user_tab_columns. But I think you will have lots of other problems/questions -

Q. How will your routine know which row has changed A. You will need to pass a unique ID for the row

Q. How will you actually query the Table. A. Build a dynamic SQL statement and use DBMS_SQL package.

Q. How will it know what the new values are - these are only visible inside a trigger
A. You might be able to make two calls, on in a Before Update trigger to get the Old values and one in an After Update trigger to get the New values - never tried this, you may get a 'table is mutation' error.

SB