Re: Platform Options

From: Andrew Babb <andrewb_at_mail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:06:43 +0800

Hi Ray,

This is going to raise a number of 'personnel' replies, and here is mine.

Out of the list that you supplied, I have not worked on the RISC System/6000 recently but as far as Solaris or NT, I would move for Solaris (SPARC) all the time. I'm sorry, but personally I am not ready to recommend NT for Mission Critical environments.

If you want to widen the view, I would also include Digital UNIX and HP as your other two options, but you may have ruled them out already for what ever reason. I have used these two platforms recently and hence my suggestion.

Have fun,
Andrew