import buffer > 256k?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:49:34 -0400

Hello:

I have been using import to move data between various testing environments and am thinking about using import to load production if I have to.

The amount of data is somewhat small now --100mb But as the application grows to 2/3gb or 10gbs, he can or will I be able to speed up the import.

Currnetly I use a buffer=256k.

I have been wondering about the following:

  1. sometimes import can be very slow if there are indices to build/rebuild. How can I speed import up?
  2. Can I use 512k as a buffer size? Can I use anything larger? Has anyone encountered this concern?

#) Has anyone loaded data with the import utility for a 2gb or 10 gb database?

Thanks. Any information will be greatly appreciated/

David Spaisman Received on Sun Apr 25 1999 - 15:49:34 CDT