Re: Oracle parameter

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 21:19:56 +0100

Last time I looked into it (7.1.6-ish) redo generation took place as normal but the call to write to the file was bypassed. So CPU still used as normal, but no waits for I/O.

This did speed things up a bit, but not dramatically; checkpoints still occur, by the way, and they can have a bigger I/O impact than that redo writes.

--

Jonathan Lewis