mts on NT 8.0.4?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 16:18:29 -0400

Hello:

Recently I saw some information that MTS could be

made to run on Oracle 8 on NT.

I am running an application on Oracle 8.0.4 on NT

4.0 sp 4. Currently the application has about 120

users. In the past I have run MTS on a Oracle 7.3

application on HP_UX.

Since NT is multi-threaded, what would MTS provide

for the Oracle application? Under what

circumstances would I use MTS and when not?

Does any one use MTS for an Oracle 8 application on

NT now? Would it provide any benefit on an NT 4 server to an Oracle 8.0.4 application?

Any information which you can provide would be

greatly appreciated. Thanks.

David Spaisman Received on Sun Apr 25 1999 - 15:18:29 CDT