Changing character set

From: Gocha Mchedlishvili <gocham_at_cwix.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 19:16:52 GMT

Hi,

I have ORACLE 7.3.4 DB on SunOS 5.6
When I created database by mistake I created it wit ASCII character set, but now we need to use some characters from WE... character set. I found information about changing the charcter set for ORACLE 8i database , but didn't find any for ORACLE 7.3 database. Oracle support told that only possible way to do this is recreate the Database. Is it possible to avoid database recreation?

Thank you

Gocha Received on Sun Apr 25 1999 - 14:16:52 CDT