repeated full imports...

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 12:46:48 -0700

I need to reload a 5 gig Oracle 7.3.4 database over and over for testing.

We don't have the space to save of the datafiles and overlay them each time. The users require a minimal amount of downtime for this refresh.
When I repeatedly did full imports into the database without dropping the system user, I got a lot of RI errors and unique key erorrs...
I was going to drop the schemas (30) and do user imports, but I started testing dropping all users, including system, so the only user left was sys. Before importing, I recreated the system user and provided the grants. This seems to work ok, and I don't get any errors.
Is there any problem doing it this way???
Is there a better approach?