Re: firewall sqlnet woes

From: Matthias Barmeier <barmeier_at_mamba.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 09:00:58 GMT

Hi,

I don't if this is right, I only heard the network guys talking about this problem.

They say:

	That Oracle 7.xx is listening an the 1521 port for connecting
	clients. Then doing some handshake and transmitting a NEW
	port address to the client where the thread is waiting who
	would like to service th connecting client. The client then
	reconnects on the new port.

In oracle 8 this mechanism is changed an everything works fine when opening port 1521 in the firewall.

I dont know if this helps or is true but maybe you can get some information out if it.