Re: CD files are upper cased

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 14:26:57 +0100

Its the rockridge extensions thing, and using the correct mount program.
.
There should be a note in the sleeve of the CD explaining this, but you need to use pfs_mount to get at the CD.

Add a line in /etc/pfs_fstab to identify the device and mount point, like:

    #  device              mount    options
    /dev/dsk/c5t2d0   /cdrom     pfs-rrip  xlat=unix 0

su root and run the following daemons:

    nohup /usr/sbin/pfs_mountd &
    nohup /usr/sbin/pfsd &

Then load the cd into the box and type:

    /usr/sbin/pfs_mount /cdrom # or whatever your mont point was.

The unmount command is then

    /usr/sbin/pfs_umount /cdrom

--

Jonathan Lewis

Scott Patterson wrote in message <3721c509.0_at_feed1.realtime.net>...
>I am attempting to install Oracle8 on an HPUX 10.20 box. The problem is
all
>the files on the CD are seen as upper case. The scripts will obviously not
>run.
>
>Seems to me I have seen this before but can not remember the cause/fix.
Can