Re: Sequence numbers / ordered queries

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 21:43:48 +0200

Jurij Modic
> This will work only in Oracle8i (8.1.*), where ORDER BY is
> allowed in views (you are using inline view here).

Hmmm, I have to admit I simply forgot, as I did not even know that Oracle 8i allowed for this. Sam, a group by would do, just like a group by can be used in "normal" views:

    select my_seq.next_val, t1.*
    from

        ( select *
          from my_table
          group by colA, colB, colC
        ) t1;

About this Oracle8i, including the new triggers and other cool stuf: I feel it is really worth ugrading.
Thanks,

Arjan. Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 14:43:48 CDT