Re: Database startup

From: Peter Weiss <pweiss_at_brockhaus-ag.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 09:25:28 +0200

Hy,
I have had a look at the sgadeSID.dbf file on my system (Oracle 8.0.5 on Sun Solaris 2.6)
This was the result: (contents of file)

This file is now obsolete. It will be removed in a future release. To determine whether an instance is up, you should check for the existence of the PMON process associated with the instance.

I'm shure that the PMON process will die, if you reboot the system after the system
has been crached. So what do I have to do in this case?

Peter