Easier way to dereference quotes?

From: Keith Kwiatek <kkwiatek_at_nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:13:22 +0100

Hello,

I have a PERL DBI CGI program that takes data from a user and tries to insert it into the database. If the data has a backtick/quote ( ' or ") then the sql to update/insert fails... Do I have to deference every quote in every field in order to update/insert? OR is there an easier way that doing string replacements on all the fields before I insert/update?

Please post or email me at kkwiatek_at_nist.gov

Thanks! Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 11:13:22 CDT