Re: 24x7 with full backup

From: <a_m_e_r_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:09:27 GMT

This is a very good question and you will have to be very carefull in your decision.
- Best bet Oracle's rdb (standby database). - A little complicated and tricky, clone your database before you go live, use multiple LGWR destinatin writes and keep aplying your logs to the clone. In case of a crash, you will have to apply the logs immediately and switch your user to the clone.

Check this out and let me know about your decision.

ThanX