Re: How to specify "UPPERCASE" for data?

From: TurkBear <johng_at_nospam.mm.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 20:09:03 GMT

You could write a before-insert trigger to convert the column to UPPER like:

 create or replace trigger upper_case_my_column

        before insert or update on my_table
        for each row
    begin
        :new.column_to_be_modified = UPPER(:new_column_to_be_modified;
    end upper_case_my_column;

Hope it helps...

"Keith Kwiatek" <kkwiatek_at_nist.gov> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Is there a way to automatically "upper-case" all data that is
>inserted/update into a particular column? -->I know you can do this with
>UPPER(), but is there a lower level way of doing this, like in the "create
>table", so that even if your sql doesn't have an Upper() function, the data
>will still be put into the table as an upper case?
>
>Thanks
>Please post or email me at kkwiatek_at_nist.gov
>Keith

To reply please remove the 'nospam' part of the address Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 15:09:03 CDT