Re: Tnsping : slow response time

From: Arjan van Bentem <avbentem_at_DONT-YOU-DAREdds.nl>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 17:59:09 +0200

Marcel wrote
> When I use the ping from my client workstation to the server I become a
> response time < 10 ms. That's correct.
> Now when I use the tnsping I become a response from about
> 250 to 300 ms and this all the time.

Hmmm, I never like pings too much. I can imagine that your network is simply heavily loaded. But, for example intranet or internet connections might have a lower priority than the ports Oracle uses. How about the priority of a ping? I wonder if a ping is really a good way to tell if your connection is slow. It surely tells you whether or not your network is heavily loaded, but maybe the network is simply dimensioned exactly for you current needs...

Arjan. Received on Fri Apr 23 1999 - 10:59:09 CDT