Re: Performance problem oracle's net8 dblink

From: Gerry Sinkiewicz <sinkiege_at_snet.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:55:31 -0400

Martin Hepworth wrote:

> Kunihito Ishibashi wrote:

Text snipped due to ISP restriction?

Have you tried more memory (640MB fro 4 CPU(s) sounds a little low).

Oracle will use as much memory as you can give to it.

If your disks are raid5, that to maybe a bottle neck, NT admins like raid5, and eventhough there are raid5 configurations that purport to be as fast as raid 0+1, they are mostly it seems to me to be found on Unix machines.

Perhaps too NT is not the most optimal choice for a mission critical system.

Our Unix boxes (E4000 for example) come with 4 cpu(s) and about 3GB to 4GB of memory, we do not have a performance bottleneck. Our disk arrays are raid 0+1 (disk is really quite cheap especially if the applications are mission critical). Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 17:55:31 CDT