Help. 8.04.3 RDBMS performance problem (Big).

From: alex shenfield <alex_at_e-space.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 19:37:26 +0100

Hi,
I am using Oracle 8.0.4.3 with Oracle Financials 10.7 When performing SQL tuning, I found a select statement performing a large amount of gets. The explain plan indicated that an index rebuild was required. This was done and sure enough 40 min of SQL reduced to 13 Secs! The problem being that the index stats showed(before recreation) that the Height of the btree was 1, that the index only had two blocks and no deleting had taken place, what? What I am saying is that index stats showed that there was nothing wrong, why? The index only has one column which in the table is always null, i.e. no index rows exist. Any ideas ?
Thanks Alex Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 13:37:26 CDT