Re: oracle8i RAM requirment?

From: <fsong_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 14:50:37 GMT

In both case. I first tried install with DB creation, but I cant find the control file for the database after the install. Then I de-installed everything and install without the DB creation, then I create a new instance, but when I try to create database with startup nomount, I got the error ORA-12571: TNS:packet writer failure.

By the way my sys conf is :
Compaq pII 233, 96M RAM, NT4.0 Server SP3

also no luck with
IBM Aptiva Intel 233MMX, 64M RAM, NT WKS4.0 SP4

I'm using the OTN version of oracle 8.1.5

fps