SOS!!! Where are the OAS4 experts???

From: Fabian Wondratschek <Fabian.Wondratschek_at_deltabase.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 21:54:57 +0200

Hi!

I'm using the OAS4 with NT4 SP3.
The initial problem was, that I couldn't start the tutorial application
(HelloWorld/JWeb). I received always a message on my client-browser:
"Cannot service this request. Please try again later". I have 64MB ram and a pagefile of 200MB (I know, that's not good, but for testing purpose ok)
I checked the Application log and found, that I have many, many entries in there (each OAS start, about 50 entries). All entries are reg. the cartridges. Even when I start the application server, the OAS produces these kind of entries. It is always a different error message, but all entries have one in common: a problem with a cartridge excepting the tutorial jweb application. There I have the following errors in the Application log:

(When I start the tutorial Jweb/HelloWorld-Application)
1. The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( OracleWRBService ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s):

04-22-1999 21:20:29 0          db-nt                `JAVAWEB` 753
0          0x400fff   `Exception `
2. The same as above but with the ending          0x400fff   `in thread
`
3. The same as above but with the ending          0x400fff
`"Thread-2"`

(General errors (lot's of them!))

Sample:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( OracleWRBService ) could not be found. It contains the following insertion string(s): 04-22-1999

18:04:54 0          db-nt                `Cartridge Server` 250
1          0x400fff   `OWS-10821: Application DB_Utilities failed to
deregister with the name server `

It seems so, that the WRB produces the errors. There is something wrong between the WRB and the Cartridge Server. All processes are up and running and I haven't received any error message while starting the application server in the OAS Manager

I'm new to OAS and may be this is a really stupid question: There is no need to have a DAD configured or a database to run the simple jweb-helloworld, isn't? I have to Oracle8i installed, but I haven't touched it yet (no clue how this works).

What's the solution??? I'm running out of time...

I'm really upset with the Oracle products. I'm stucking now for over 5 days on these problems!

Please help me!!!

One more question: I'd like to install the PL/SQL Toolkit. Unfortunately the program asks me for the SYS password. I never entered/configured a password. How should I know this???????

thanx a lot!!!

Cheers,
Fabian Received on Thu Apr 22 1999 - 14:54:57 CDT