Re: archivr logs in archive directory ziped?

From: Jeremy Russell <Jeremy_Russell.deletethis._at_dci-ltd.com(Jeremy>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 13:25:29 GMT

David, I guess you'll find that the 'arc' suffix on file names has been associated with the WINZIP program. The Oracle archived log files are not actually zipped, they just look like they are.

If you had set 'log_archive_format' to %%ORACLE_SID%%S.DOC, then MS-Word would probably try to open the archives and report them as invalid documents.

Change the 'log_archive_format' setting to something else - for example %%ORACLE_SID%%S.ALF [ archived log file ] - that most likely won't be associated with any current program.

HTH JR
Jeremy_Russell_at_dci-ltd.com