archivr logs in archive directory ziped?

From: David Spaisman <davedba_at_intercall.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 21:11:10 -0400

Hello:

I have restarted working on practicing hot backups and recovery today on a development database established.

 I noticed that the archive files is zipped(by winzip) in the archive directory and the fil header on the zip file sems to be invalid and corrupted . In looking at the init ora file I see that I was using log_archive_format = %%ORACLE_SID%%S.ARC instead of something else.

 I will try %%ORACLE_SID%%T%TS%S.ARc and see if the same thing happens  tomorrow.

 What format should I use for the log_archive_format paramater in the init
 ora file on my application so that the archive logs are readable? Has any one else experienced something like this?

 Thanks.
David Spaisman Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 20:11:10 CDT