Re: How to tune archiver?

From: Kelly Young <young_at_maricopa.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 11:43:50 -0700

Steve Hodge wrote:

> Does anyone have suggestions on how to get the archiver process to work
> faster in Oracle 7.3.x ?
>
> Our alternative at the moment is too run the database in NOARCHIVELOG
> mode, but I was looking for middle ground?
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

Steve,
  Make sure your redo logs and archive logs are on separate disks and that they are on disks with little I/O activity. If you have available disks, you should also split the redo logs on separate disks. For example, if you have 4 redo logs configured, put logs #1 and #3 on one disk; #2 and #4 on another disk. You can also experiment with the initialization parameters: log_archive_buffer_size and log_archive_buffers --
Kelly Young
Maricopa Community Colleges
young_at_maricopa.edu Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 13:43:50 CDT