external user management in LDAP

From: Daniel Pasto <pasto_at_ssga.StateStreet.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 14:05:02 -0400

Can someone please point me to any information about managing user accounts across Oracle Servers, and especially synchronizing with external source such as LDAP? I've been searching the documentation and their www site and found a few hints, but nothing good to go on.

I'm new to Oracle (used to be a Sybase developer) and am involved indirectly in figuring out how to use Oracle at my company. Specifically I'm implementing LDAP directory services on Netscape Directory Server and am searching for a way to manage Oracle users through LDAP or at least synchronize with LDAP. Is this possible? How? Has anyone tried it?

On the Oracle site, I ran across mentions of:

Thanks for any help,
Dan Received on Wed Apr 21 1999 - 13:05:02 CDT